Confederation of Tourism and Hospitality is an ideal qualification for students who have just completed grade 10. This is also an idea qualification for those have work experience or are working in tourism industry and wish to obtain an international qualification for career progress. Those who have lost their jobs and are looking forward to re-join the industry can use CTH qualifications to boost employment prospects.
CTH is a Gold standard qualification regulated by Ofqual (UK). Clique College is an accredited centre of CTH to offer their tourism and hospitality qualifications. The program is largely supported by both local and international hotels and resorts.
There are 7 reasons why you should consider CTH:
- Gold Standard Recognition – CTH (UK) is a Gold Standard Qualification provider for the Hospitality and Tourism industry established in 1982 and has partnerships with major international employers and academic institutions.
- Start your career early – Interested students who have completed grade 10 can commence studies for CTH at foundation level by joining Level 3 Foundation Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality. This program is aimed at those who wish to gain access to the first year of selected university degrees. It is also a free-standing qualification for those who wish to enter employment at team member level.
- Practical Syllabus – CTH (UK) is a practical program which is very relevant to the hotel and tourist resort industry in the Maldives. The program modules cover important aspects of Food and Beverage, Rooms division, Guest relations and Front Office in addition to other hospitality modules. Therefore, students who have experience in the industry or are working will find the program very relevant to their work and can use their experience in assessments.
- Work experience and Job opportunity – Clique College has arranged a number of opportunities for internships and employment in tourist hotels and resorts for students who wish to obtain experience in hospitality industry while studying for the program.
- Convenience – Students who wish to stay in tourist resort or their home island can study for CTH online. Students also have the flexibility to complete CTH program in stages (Foundation, Diploma, Advanced Diploma or final year degree). Class time can be adjusted on special request.
- Government Free Degree Scheme – program is recognized by MQA and covered under government free degree scheme up to 50% of the course fee.
- Unlimited Opportunities – Program is partnered / endorsed by Virgin Atlantic, Gordon Ramsay, Star Alliance, Inter-Continental hotel group, Radisson group, etc.
The CTH program has been recognized and endorsed by industry stakeholders:
- Dr. Abdulla Mausoom – Minister of Tourism
“This is a golden opportunity for the Maldivians to provide international standard qualification for the Tourism & hospitality industry. Upon completion of such programs we will get to see more Maldivians taking over higher positions in the hospitality industry”
- Ms. Shafiyya Steinhilber – Director of Sales , Hotel Jen
“Tourism is an industry which delivers service to customers and it’s a field where you get practical experience. So they are not sure (students/ new comers), they are not confident and they need platform which drives and which give confidence for a safer start. So I believe CTH (UK) is a great platform”
- Mr. Ganesh Kumara – General Manager, The Sommerset Hotel / Sommerset Inn
“We are glad to hear the partnership of Clique College with a Gold standard qualification provider (CTH-UK). We believe it’s a practical program and to provide intern opportunities for CTH students”
- Mr. Tharaka Appuhamy – Assistant General Manager – Talent Management & Quality Assurance. – Adhaaran Group of Companies
“The industry needs people with the right qualifications and experience. The CTH qualification will be a perfect opportunity for locals to help them become next generation hoteliers in the Maldives. Stay positive as it is time to invest in yourself”
- Ms. Ruth Franklin – Co-Founder of Secret Paradise Maldives
“We are delighted to learn that CLIQUE COLLEGE, Maldives in conjunction with the Confederation of Tourism and Hospitality, CTH (UK) will launch Gold Standard qualifications for Hospitality and Tourism this year. We will be glad to enroll these students for 14 days experience sessions organized by secret paradise.”
- Mr. Neil Shorthouse – Shorthouse Hospitality (UK)
“I am glad to hear the Clique College partnership with CTH, and I like the fact it covers guest relations, room service, F&B, quality assurance etc”
- Mr.Hussain Shuaz – HR, Taj Exotica Resort & Spa Maldives
“As part of our CSR initiatives by Taj Exotica Resort & Spa Maldives, we would like to extend our professionals guidance conduct orientation program for the candidates which apply for Hospitality management and operations program that has been launched by Clique College”
We are excited to start CTH (UK) program this September. Application deadline is 24th September 2020. All CTH courses offered at Clique College are MQA approved. Students staying in tourist resorts, working in a guesthouse or currently staying at home island can study this program fully online. On campus classes are offered for students living in greater Male’ area once it is safe for students to attend classes. Grab this opportunity to build your career in the vibrant tourism industry